Riley has school on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 9-12. She has been going since January of this year. At first she cried everytime I left her. This lasted until just a few weeks ago. She got a new teacher in Auguat when she began the two days a week. Her name is Miss Angie and she is the sweetest lady. She always tells Riley "Hey Darlin'!" and "Bye Darlin'!". Riley just adores her. She doesn't cry anymore when I leave her. She is actually excited to go to school and jumps in Miss Angie's arms as soon as we get there. Today we were late and Miss Angie was blowing bubbles for the class when we got there. I put Riley on the floor and she ran to Miss Angie and jumped in her lap. When I walked out the door she was happily blowing bubbles.
When I got back to pick her up there was a boy laying in the floor screaming. His mom was changing his diaper. Riley and another little boy were standing there watching. The other little boy was screaming as well. Riley was fine. When she turned around and saw me she came running and jumped in my arms. Since it was rainy they didn't get to go outside and Riley was upset about that. When we got in the car she started crying about the slide. She got over it pretty quick though.
We had our usually Thursday lunch with Grandmother. Riley calls her Manner. Glen, Nettie and Tim all showed up. Even though Riley was shy around them she did tell them all by when it was time to go.
Counting
Riley is also able to count to 10 now all by herself. We have counted with her a few times but never anything major. I asked her teacher today if maybe they have been working on it and she said not really because the kids are so distracted. She didn't say it, but she has some kids that scream the entire time they are there and I think they are causing all of the distraction.
I guess Riley is just a fast learner. Her teacher told me that she is very smart and I have had a lot of other people comment on how smart she is. She must take after her daddy. Scott is working on a theory relating to her eating habits and what causes geniuses. :o)
Maybe she is. She is allergic to everything and the kids on tv who are always geniuses are allergic to everything. :o)
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
u know, this url used to belong to someone else. that person has a new blog now. but i kept this link to link to her new one. and in her blog, riley was her dog!! so i was trying to figure out what u were saying!! :o)
Post a Comment